Monday, January 28, 2008

Area Rugs and Customers From Redondo Beach

I do not know why sometimes my cell phone and office phones ring at the same time. And while I am talking on the phone, another person calls and I do not know what to do. This sometimes happens with customers come in at the same time. Today, was Monday and I was busy doing some office jobs until 2:00 pm. My repairman works at the workshop next door. My son was in my rug gallery doing some computer work and web site designing. Two customers came in at the same time. One of them, a lady walked in with a very small 2 x 4 light brown area rug looking for an 8 x 11 feet light brown area rug. While we were showing her few rugs, a couple came in. They were looking for a 5 x 8 area rug. I showed them few pieces on the racks. They liked and selected one light green piece. They also selected a 4 x 6 matching area rug for under the computer chair and a 2 x 4 for their cat. They were very nice couple and after I pulled out a 4 x 6 area rug from a pile and a stack of rugs, they put the rest of the rugs back. I rolled and wrapped the rugs separately with rope. They paid and left. The other customer wanted us to put away a light brown 8 x 11 area rug for her. She will comeback in a day or so, since she is in the middle of remodeling her house.

At the end of the working day, I went to a weekly meeting which is held at the Camden House, a Persian cuisine in Beverly Hills. This is for the Coalition of the Iranian Entrepreneurs. Each week between 30-40 people attend the meeting. After networking, and having Persian food, a couple of members talk each one about 5 minutes, and then a keynote speaker talks about a subject of interest. It is good for networking and meeting old and new friends. At the end of the speech, and after a 5-minute question and answer, we have raffles. Usually, one or two businessmen donate gifts for the raffle section. I have also donated small Persian rugs in few of the meetings. I got home at 9:15 pm.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: