Friday, January 11, 2008

Armenian Rugs and the Unique and Antique Rug Forum



I have been asked by the Oriental Rug Retailers of America to present an antique rug and talk about it in the Atlanta Rug Show (Jan. 17-20, 2008). I have a pair of two old Persian Bakhtiar rugs made by an Armenian lady called Arosiak Keshishian in 1912. The size is 4' 2" x 9' 10. One of the pieces is inscribed in Farsi, the Persian language, and the other piece is inscribed in Armenian dated in English, 1912. I shipped these two pieces to Atlanta yesterday by UPS to be able to present them to the audience at your "Unique and Antique Rug Forum" on Friday Jan. 18.

I also donated a Persian prayer rug to American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Foundation in Washington D.C. This is a non-profit organization which will have a silent auction in March 2008. They wanted me to contribute something, and like last year, I could not turn them down and donated a Persian rug .

I will have great stories and posts after I come back from the Atlanta rug show next week. it will be fun and educational.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com

No comments: