Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mohtasham Kashan Rug and the Atlanta Rug Show





During the past couple of days I have been busy with the sale of few area and bamboo rugs to different customers. It seems that nobody has the money to buy Persian or Oriental rug these days. Today, a customer came in and brought a wonderful antique Mohtasham Kashan rug for cleaning and repair. It should be around 150 years old. His grand aunt had bought this rug in San Fransisco in 1904, and I am sure this rug was old then. The customer does not want to sell it and wants to keep it in the family. It is a fascinating rug. I will fly to Atlanta tomorrow morning t5o visit the show there (www.AmericasMart.com) I will be there four days. If I can, I will post some stories, and if not, I will write about the show after I return.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com

No comments: