Saturday, January 5, 2008

Textile Museum Associates of Southern California, TMA/SC TMASC in Los Angeles

It is Saturday morning in Los Angeles, January 5, 2008. It is exactly 7:30 am and I am at work. I am a member of the Board of the Textile Museum of Southern California, TMA/SC. We will have a lecture and presentation on the Tent Bands of Central Asia in my rug gallery today at 10:30 am. The speaker is Richard Isacson. I wrote about this event in my yesterday's post on my rug weblog. I am at work to do some preparations. We are expecting to have about 40-50 guests. It has been raining since yesterday and this may affect the numbers who may want to attend this presentation. The topic and the lecture is very appealing to Oriental carpet dealers and scholars. I will write more about this event in my next post. Several people will bring their tent bands and similar items for the "show and tell" section we have at the end of the session.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com

No comments: