Thursday, May 15, 2008

Selling Two Rugs to Michael Jackson

A customer, an African American gentleman walked into our rug gallery and in a few minutes bought two rugs. He wanted to pay with his Visa Credit Card. My salesman asked for this customer's ID and he showed his California Driver's License. His name was Michael Jackson. We said what a coincidence! What do you do Mr. Jackson if we may ask? He said "I am in movie industry". He signed the credit card slip, laughed and said good bye.

In an hour, another young lady, an African American customer came in and looked for a rug and selected an identical piece to the one that Mr. Jackson had bought. She bought it and paid with her ATM card. I told her that I sold another piece like this to Michael Jackson one hour ago. She looked at me and said: "Are you serious?". I showed her the Michael Jackson's credit card slip with his name printed on the slip. She screamed and said:"Oh my god! Where were I? I wish I had come to your store one hour sooner. Oh my god, oh my god. I cannot believe this!" She shook her head and left regretfully why she was not in our rug gallery when Michael Jackson was there buying rugs from us!!

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: