Saturday, May 10, 2008

Slow Saturday With Only Two Rugs Sold in Los Angeles

It is Saturday afternoon around 5:00 pm. It was one day before the mother's day, but we did not have any serious customer. I thought we might sell few items.

A couple walked in this morning and said they just moved to Los Angeles from another city, therefore they would need several carpets. They would receive their furniture on this coming Monday. They were not ready to purchase anything today. I asked them to do their homework and measure the rooms after they get the furniture with the minimum and the maximum sizes. They checked on some of the rugs we had and the husband liked our rug collections and said they would come back next week.

Later in the afternoon, we received few rugs for cleaning. They were dropped off by one of our former customers. I also have a 7:00 pm appointment with a customer who has several rugs for cleaning and stain removal. I have to deliver his rugs to his condo in Alhambra, some 22 miles away from our rug gallery. A customer also showed up before I closed the store and picked up her cleaned rug. She said when she has the money, she would comeback to buy a silk rug she liked so much!

Before I closed the store, I sold one 4 x 6 and one 5 x 8 feet rugs to different customers.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: