Thursday, January 1, 2009

Power Outage in Our Rug Gallery on New Year's Eve




Last night was the new year's eve. Right before we close our rug gallery, we had power failure in part of our store and this affected our security camera system which is very important to the security of our carpet store. I called Androj our electrician around 6:00 pm and told him the story and how important it was for us to have the power restored. He said he could not do anything last night because he was already home getting ready for the party and preplanned events. Androj is a very knowledgable Iranian-Armenian electrician. But he promissed to be at our store today, Jan.1st, 2009 at 7:00 pm.

Frankly, I did not think he would make it. When I was a minute away from my store at 7:00 am, Androj called me on y cell phone with his sweet Armenian Farsi accent and said I just want to remind you that we're supposed to meet and I am in front of your store. I said hey Androj I did not think you could make it be there at 7:00 am. I will be there in a minute.

There we are at work on the first day of 2009 at 7:00 am. Androj is working on the problem and hopefully he is going to fix everything, if not permanently, at least temporarily we we can have our security system functioning again.

Yes, Androj fixed the sustem temporarily and now we have the electricity and our cameras are working and taping.
Our store is closed today but we will be at work tomorrow. Androj told me that the problem should be resolved immediately and permanently by replacing all the rotten wires and fuses. I should call and inform our landlord tomorrow.

Now, it is time to go home and make breakfast ready to serve it and have it with the rest of my family, my lovely wife, and two sons, Ashkan, and Khashaiar (Kash).

Khosrow Sobhe
http://www.rugidea.com/
310-770-9085

No comments: