Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oriental Rugs Classic Traditional Designs Versus Modern Contemporary Designs

Today, I studied the statistics of the design of the rugs I sold in 2007. I did not have the data available based on the types of the rugs: area rugs (machine made), hand knotted or hand tufted rugs. But overall, 78% of the designs of the rugs we sold in 2007 were traditional designs compared with 22% modern.

By traditional design, I mean classic designs such as corner medallion, central medallion, overall, vase, hunting, boteh/paisley, and many other designs which have been in existence for generations, with rich histories behind them. By modern designs, I mean non-traditional, non-classic designs and those which have come into existence only recently . In many cases , younger customers bought traditional designs, but older customers did not usually buy modern designs.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.rugidea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: