Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rug Buyers Can Make a Better Decision When Husband and Wife Go Together to Buy Rugs

It has been my experience that when husband and wife come together to my store to buy rug, it is easier to sell. They consult with one another and make a sound decision easier and faster. When the wife or the husband walks into my rug gallery to buy a Persian, Oriental or area rug, he/she is not sure which rug may fit his/her partner's taste, so it is more difficult for him/her to make a decision. There are many types of rugs in the market and customers are often confused. In many instances, they do not know what they are looking for.

It was Sunday today and my store is open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. Right after I opened my rug store today, a returning customer walked in. He had bought a 2' 2" x 8' feet runner last week. He bought a 5 x 8 rug in light brown, one of our best sellers, in a minute. I offered to give him a free doormat which he gladly accepted. He selected the first doormat on the pile and said this would be fine. What an easy customer!

Later, a Mexican couple walked in and bought an oval burgundy area rug with a rug pad. They were also very easy buying customers who consulted with one another and bought a nice looking rug. I gave them two pieces of doormats. The lady was so excited to receive the doormats of her choice. She asked me to give her few of my business cards so she can recommend me to her friends. It gives me a good feeling and utmost satisfaction when I see my customers leave my rug store happy.

It is 3: 40 pm in Los Angeles on a hot Sunday afternoon. It reached 95 (F) degrees here in Los Angeles today. I am getting prepared to go home. I may go to a movie with my wife, called David & Layla. It is based on a true story of a Muslim girl who falls in love with a Jewish boy. It is part of the Noor Film Festival, a Persian film festival which is held for the second year in Los Angeles. They also have the award ceremony for tonight after the screening. I do not know if I want to stay until the end of the ceremony or not, but I will try to go there for the screening of the David and Layla if nothing more important keeps me from going there to watch the movie!

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: