Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rugs and Sex

Rugs and Sex; it is NOT what you think! By sex I mean gender. I inspected all our sales and rug cleaning documents for the past eight months and found out that 67% of our customers have been female! Does this mean something? I believe it does and that is women are more interested in buying rugs or have their rugs cleaned and repaired, than men. With 67% of our customers being women, that only leaves 33% for men. This is a 2 to 1 ratio!

Us men, when it comes to cleaning, whether it is our rugs or furniture, we are not nearly as detailists as women. I know my wife spends more time at home and I spend most of my life at work. If I am home, I am there to either read books in the backyard, sleep on my bed, or eat in the kitchen. I am not a huge TV person. Believe it or not, I don't spend much time around my rugs at home; I know this may sound odd...

So with that being said, my wife is the one who sees our rugs on a regular basis. If any of the rugs, even the little Gabbeh rug in my youngest son's room is dirty, she would notice it and ask me to have it cleaned. She makes it her responsibility to keep our house as neat as possible and I value that.

Let me know what you think might be the reason that nearly 2/3 of our customers are women and only 1/3 are men.

Khosrow Sobhe (Dr. Kay)
Certified Rug Specialist (CRS)

1 comment:

robin said...

I love your rugs,nice collection pictures ..get more beautiful and gorgeous rugs as i got.