Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rug Blogs Reveal My Business Secrets

This morning I thought to myself that I write everything about my business as regards with what I sell, how many pieces I sell, how many rugs and what I receive for cleaning and repair and many other details about my business. This can be read by my colleagues and competitors. Then I told myself, rug dealers are busy selling rugs and counting their money. They do not have time or they are not in a mood to read a rug blog. And if they read, what can they get out of my Oriental rug blog? So I should not wary myself and keep my mind busy about what they might think or do.

So let me write about my day. A customer, a lady bought two 5 x 8 area rugs, one runner, 2' 2" x 8 and one 4 x 6 area rug and paid with her credit card and left. She was student at Santa Monica College here in Los Angeles. Another man bought a 4 x 6 area rug, and while I was gone to my bank, one piece of 5 x 8 area rug was sold to another customer. I visited a rug dealer in Beverly Hills. He is a collector and dealer of fine Persian old, antique and fine rugs. In the morning, a dealer from a neighboring town brought an old Kashan rug for cleaning and repair. Several other customers also walked in separately but did not buy any rugs. Few of them said they would return in the near future. Before closing the store, I sold two pieces Persian hand knotted rugs, one a fine Gabbeh, and another one, a 2 x 3 Persian Varamin rug, both made with hand spun wool and natural dye to a couple who were looking for simple design rugs.

Khosrow Sobhe
www.RugIdea.com
310-770-9085

No comments: